Welcome to the latest Beyond the Groove brought to you to chill and relax…
Please click on the following link to Download for all MP3 Players.
You can also now download the FREE iPhone App for the Shows.
Please click the following link to head for the Apple App Store.
We’re pleased to announce that the Free Smooth Groovers Android App is also now available from the following link.
You can also listen to the Podcast from i-tunes.
This show hopes to help you contenplate, reflect and chill out. Features artists include:
- MFSB – from their successful 1975 album Universal Love which also included the wonderful vibes of the late Vincent Montana Jr.
- Players Association – included Larry Coryell, Joe Farrell, David Sanborn, James Mtume, Mike Mandel and others recording covers of, funk and disco tunes and adding a bit of Jazz in the process & also making their own music such as the UK disco hit “Turn The Music Up” in 1979, That album also contained this mellower number .
- Ronny Jordan -a track that originally appeared on an album called “A Brighter Day” can be found compilation CD called “Talkin’ All That Jazz”
- Randy Crawford -the “Chill Night Mix” of a very well known hit, which was a massive hit for George Benson in 1980 & one of a huge number of great much loved songs written by Rod Temperton.
- Vangelis and the Closing Titles of a movie theme. This appears on the Vangelis compilation CD “Vangelis – Themes” . He is regarded as one of the greatest composers of electronic music of all time.
- Dexter Wansel –Keyboard player , arranger and producer. From the album “Time is Slipping Away” with Terri Wells on lead and the Jones girls on backing vocals.
- Deep Forest .We finish Beyond The Groove 48 with a group originally consisting of two French musicians, Michel Sanchez and Eric Mouquet, whose style of world music mixes ethnic with electronic sounds and has been described as “ethno-introspective ambient world music”. ( Wikipedia ). This track appears on their 1993 three million selling grammy nominated debut album.
Thanks for tuning in & for all the messages,